Start Early Funders Coalition
The Start Early Funders Coalition for Children and Minnesota’s Future is a collaboration of more than 20 members of Minnesota’s philanthropic community. The Coalition provides critical leadership and funding for research, program development, public policy and grant making to improve early childhood efforts in Minnesota. We are working together to ensure every child in Minnesota is physically, socially, emotionally and cognitively prepared for school and lifelong success.
To leverage our unique perspective as early childhood funders to advance public policy and community support for affordable, accessible, high quality care and education in Minnesota so that all children have a strong and healthy start and are prepared to contribute to our state’s vitality.
- Public Policy – Advocating for enhanced leadership, accountability and funding to support a stronger, more effective early childhood care and education system in Minnesota.
- Learning and Research – Facilitating research, best practices and sharing of knowledge to strengthen our individual and collective efforts to enhance the well-being of Minnesota children and families with a focus on the whole child.
Our Unique Perspective
- The voice of Minnesota’s philanthropic community
- Statewide leadership on early childhood issues
- A credible and unique perspective as funders
- A commitment to shared learning
- Dedication to capacity building
- A long-term comprehensive vision for children and our state
Start Early Funders Coalition member organizations
History of Start Early
Start Early Funders Coalition for Children and Minnesota’s Future was formed in 2011 as the result of a merger between the School Readiness Funders Coalition and the Early Childhood Funders Network. The merged coalition builds on the strengths and successes of the two previous coalitions as a stronger, more effective voice for early childhood in support of critical reform recommendations.