2017 Nancy Latimer Convening for Children and Youth
Congratulations to this years Nancy Award and Legislative Champion honorees!
Todd Otis, Think Small
Carol Miller, Hennepin County
TraNecia Sylvester, Parent Advocate
Representative Dave Pinto, Minnesota House of Representatives
Representative Jenifer Loon, Minnesota House of Representatives
2017 Nancy Latimer Honorees
This year’s event focused on whole child, healthy development and how it directly links to positive outcomes and school readiness. Topics addressed the importance of physical health, oral health, social-emotional and cognitive aspects of development.
Highlighted Speakers: 2017_NancyLatimer_Panelist Bios
- Frank Forsberg, Greater Twin Cities United Way
- Dr. Heather Winesett, M.D., St. Luke’s Pediatric Associates
- Commissioner Dr. Edward Ehlinger, M.D., Minnesota Dept. of Health
- Kamyala Howard, Independent Consultant
- Molly Greenman, The Family Partnership
- Skip Ferris, Head Start – Virginia
Event Power Point Slides: Link to PPT
2017 Children and Youth Issues Briefing
The 13th annual Children & Youth Issues Briefing brings together advocates, thought leaders and nonprofits from across the state to discuss innovative initiatives and groundbreaking programs to help shape policy for the year’s legislative session. Nearly 1,000 people are expected to attend.
The 2017 Children & Youth Issues Briefing highlights upcoming early childhood development, children and youth policy proposals, in addition to innovative programming and flexible solutions to address the needs of young children, youth and their families. This year’s event continues to address racial, economic and geographic equity across the state, and the critical need to close the opportunity gap to provide for a better future for our children, family and state economy.
Specifically, the event will include presenters and discussion on:
- National Political and Economic Landscape
- Building Success Through a Multi-Generation Approach, Prenatal to Age 5
- Creating Innovative Career Pathways for High School Youth
- State Leadership Perspectives
- Legislative Discussion: Emerging Policies for Children and Youth
2017 Children & Youth Issues Briefing Agenda
Power Point Presentation
Panelist and Presenter Bios
MIF Early Childhood Coalitions MAP
2017 MinneMinds Policy Agenda